Marriage certificate is a kind of public record and it is kept in the courthouse of the state and the city. It can help you find date of when someone got married and see where a person was married. By putting a little amount of effort, time and persistence on the internet you can easily search for any kind of public record. And yes that means you can find a website to find out when people got married and search for marriage records of somebody for free online.
Here are a few steps for doing a marriage history lookup:
• First of all you need the name of the bridegroom and the bride. Marriage certificate also mentions the location and date of the marriage. If you do not have enough information about the marriage, then try to gather more information as less amount of information can lead to false results and a good amount of information can lead to fruitful results. You can even find records by using the bride’s full name and the bridegroom’s full name on Google.
• You can also search on the Internet. It is not necessary that you have to pay for the information that you are seeking from the internet. Google is also an important tool that can help you in searching about the person. It is a great tool that can provide you a large amount of information. If you have the knowledge of the groom and bride name then you can try to search on Google. You can find wedding pictures and look at old wedding announcements on the Internet. This kind of information can help you a lot in searching about the bride and the groom. A large amount of information is available on the Internet and you can find it easily on the Internet with a little amount of effort. You can easily see the address of someone, contact number and other information about a person’s marriage. The best part is, all this information is available free of cost. Of course it will take a lot of work finding marriage records for free online.
• Once you have the name of the bride and bridegroom and you find the location of where a marriage took place, you can give a phone call either to the church or to the courthouse and can inquire about the marriage record from them. But if you have access to the computer and the Internet you don’t have to make a phone call. There are various states and cities where you can access public records online. You can easily get a print out from your home. If you are unable to take the print out then you have to go to the courthouse.
• Marriage records are kept for almost hundred years and if you are looking for old marriage records that are more than 100 years old, then you can find them as well but through some other method.
• There are various websites that give you this information free of cost, however you usually get what you pay for. Also free marriage searches are usually pretty basic and have no substance.